If you love something you should set it free, but if you love a connected device you should spend gobs of money adding more gadgets until you have a platform. And this week I have done just that, spending $20 on six light bulbs that I can control with my Amazon Echo. I explain how I used GE’s Link lights which work with the Philips Hue platform, which works with the Amazon Echo, to both lower my overall energy spend and add voice control to more of the lights in my home. It’s awesome.
After this week’s news and my lighting project I welcome Andrew Farah,CEO of Density to the show to discuss how we might count people in public places. Before y’all get too worked up, his sensors offer anonymity, and we discuss why merchants, offices, consumers and governments would be keen on getting a tally of people inside buildings. We also talk about alternatives that rely on facial recognition and how building a company that sells data is very different from building a company that sells products.
Hosts:Stacey Higginbotham and Kevin Tofel
Guests: Andrew Farah, CEO of Density
- News about July Fourth drones, Thread and a free business idea from Kevin.
- BP is connecting 4,000 oil wells around the world.
- How to connected cheaper GE Link lights to your Amazon echo.
- This startup wants to be the Waze of public spaces.
- Another free business idea involving TVs.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed